Economic Development Strategy
Our District. Our Future.
Waimate District Economic Development Strategy
The Waimate District Council is in the process of creating ‘Our District. Our Future. Waimate District Economic Development Strategy’ to:
- identify the strengths of Waimate District’s economy
- identify opportunities to retain and attract businesses and jobs
- identify opportunities to increase visitors to the district
- identify the challenges that may impact on the district’s future growth
- identify key initiatives and develop priority action plans
- provide a strategic planning framework to guide the growth of our district for the next 10 years.
Council is developing the strategy in partnership with Wellington-based consultants Allen + Clarke. The strategy will be based on consultation with local businesses and the community through a series of facilitated workshops, a survey and one to one conversations with a small number of key stakeholders from various sectors. Once drafted, the strategy will be available for public consultation.
The strategy will also work towards achieving Council’s vision for the Waimate District which is “Leading our communities towards a diverse, thriving and sustainable district.”
How can you get involved?
The strategy will impact on each and every one of us. We know there are a lot of people who have a passion for our district and we would like to hear from you.
Council is holding a series of interactive workshops for members of the community and those involved in business who would like to share their views and ideas and contribute to the strategy. The workshops will be held at the Waimate Event Centre on the following dates/times:
Tuesday 28 March 2017 from 5.30pm to 7.30pm (with light refreshments)
Wednesday 29 March 2017 from 5.30pm to 7.30pm (with light refreshments)
Space is limited so if you would like to attend one of the workshops please register to attend by contacting Michelle Jones on email@example.com or phone 689-0003 by 4pm Friday 24 March 2017.