WDC Community Grant
This fund is open to all organisations who do not qualify for funding under the Creative Communities NZ Scheme. It is currently funded at $10,000 per annum.
Criteria and eligibility
- Applications must be for projects undertaken in the Waimate District.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the benefits of their project will enhance the local community.
- Applicants must also demonstrate that some local input has been achieved by way of fundraising or voluntary labour or materials.
- The projects for which grants are sought must be capable of completion within one year of application. Refunds will be requested if project not completed within one year of receiving the grant. Organisations will be asked for proof of their project being completed.
- Your application must include financially reviewed annual accounts that are not more than 18 months old.
- All application forms must be completed in full on the prescribed application form before being submitted to the Committee for consideration and must include at least two quotes for the project items applied for.
- Your bank account deposit slip must be included with the application.
- Applications will not be considered for general administration expenditure including but not limited to salary and wages or be in the nature of annual subscriptions.
- Travel costs to attend performances, exhibitions and training outside the Waimate District are not eligible.
- Applications will not be accepted after the grant’s closing date.
- Applications for projects already started or completed will not be accepted.
- Please be aware that future applications will not be considered by the committee unless you have completed an Accountability Form for previous funding within two months of project completion.
- Any queries regarding this application please contact the Grants Administrator, Waimate Information Centre, on +64 3 689 7771 or email@example.com
Note: Inland Revenue Department consider this as a Council grant to respective organisations. There is no GST component or requirement.
Applications open twice a year:
- Open Monday 30 September 2019 and close Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Open Monday 30 March 2020 and close Tuesday 28 April 2020
When they are open you will be able to apply online here.
Please click on the button below to complete an Accountability Form. This must be completed before future applications will be considered.