WDC Sports Grant
This fund is open to all organisations who do not qualify for funding under the Creative Communities NZ Scheme. It is currently funded at $10,000 per annum.
Criteria and eligibility
- Applications must be for projects and will not be considered for general administration purposes, or be in the nature of annual subscriptions.
- Applicants must demonstrate benefits of their project to the local community.
- It is recommended that applicants also demonstrate that some local input has been achieved by way of fundraising or voluntary labour or materials.
- The projects for which grants are sought must be capable of completion within one year of application. Refunds will be requested if project not completed within one year. Organisations will be asked for proof of their completion.
- All application forms must be completed in full before being submitted for consideration.
- All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a. A set of audited financial statements not more than 12 months old.
- b. A quote for the project items applied for.
- Grants must only be used for the project applied for. If any project is cancelled then the grant must be returned to Council.
- All applicants will be required to submit an Accountability Form immediately after the grant has been expended.
- If only partial expenditure of the grant is required, then the balance must be returned to Council.
- Please be aware that your application will not be considered by Committee unless you have completed an Accountability Form for previous funding.
Summary of Eligible Projects
- Coach or volunteer training.
- New initiatives, activities or promotions put in place to attract new members or offer new opportunities.
- Purchase of equipment (excluding uniforms).
- For Regional Sports Trusts to deliver programmes, training courses and community sporting events.
- To assist with outside expertise, e.g. judges to attend at local sporting events and activities.
- For individual’s expenses involved in attending sport at Regional or National levels. This application must be lodged by the individual’s sporting club or organisation.
Applications open twice a year:
- Open Monday 30 September 2019 and close Tuesday 29 October 2019
- Open Monday 30 March 2020 and close Tuesday 28 April 2020
When they are open you will be able to apply online here.
Please click on the button below to complete an Accountability Form. This must be completed before future applications will be considered.