Building Control Officer
- Great remuneration package
- Located in beautiful South Canterbury
- Making a positive contribution to our growing community
We have a fantastic opportunity for a qualified and experienced Building Control Officer, who can do the full ambit of the role, to join our Council. If you want to go home each night knowing you are an integral part of an awesome team that is ensuring our buildings are safe and fit for purpose, now and for future generations, then this opportunity could be just what you've been looking for.
What we can provide you:
- For the right candidate, up to $110,000 per annum
- The use of a Council vehicle to drive to and from work each day
- An allowance of up to $5000 if relocating to our District (or a neighbouring one)
- Ongoing professional development
- Fantastic workplace environment where you will be supported in your role
Waimate District Council is a tight-knit, supportive team, that exists to lead our community towards a diverse, thriving and sustainable district. Our District has a welcoming community, affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. Waimate is a growing and thriving town and home to numerous community run events. We are ideally located within South Canterbury, with Aoraki/Mt Cook, the Lakes, the ocean, and lots of other towns and cities within the Canterbury and Otago regions close by.
For a chat, and to get a copy of the position description, contact Human Resources Manager email@example.com, DDI 03 689 0023 or M: 0278 076 383
To apply for this job, click HERE and enter ref code: 6104573
Aquatics Team Leader - Fixed Term
We have an exciting opportunity for a person to lead our team of Lifeguards and oversee the Norman Kirk Memorial Pool activity from 25 October 2022 to 26 March 2023.
The role involves:
- Leading a team of Lifeguards, including their development and training
- Administrative duties such as rostering, reporting and cash handling
- Ensuring that water quality standards are maintained in accordance with NZ Standard 5826:2010
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are maintained
We are looking for someone with:
- A National Pool Lifeguard Award
- A current First Aid certificate
- Previous experience as a Senior Lifeguard or higher
- Exceptional communications and people skills
- A clean, full New Zealand driver's licence
- The ability to work across different days of the week with varying start/finish times - according to a roster
- A love of the sun!
When you apply, please ensure you send in a cover letter and CV.
To apply for this job go to: https://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 6112712.
Applications close 16 October 2022