Long Term Plans (LTP)
Our Future - Today
Waimate District Council Long Term Plan 2018-28
It is Long Term Plan time here at Waimate District Council. Every three years Council prepares a Long Term Plan (LTP), laying out what Council plans to do over the next 10 years, and how this will be funded.
As part of the process for developing our LTP we must produce a Consultation Document. This document provides us with an opportunity to discuss the key issues and challenges we are facing with you. Most importantly, it gives you a chance to tell us what you think about our plans for facing these issues and challenges.
Our Consultation Document is called Our Future - Today. It is available here online, at the Council office, the Library, the Event Centre, and will be delivered to every mailbox in the District from Thursday 19 April.
Download a copy of our Consultation Document here - Our Future Today
Submissions to the Long Term Plan Consultation Document are now closed.
Our Future - Today discusses:
Our Key Issues:
- Water Treatment Upgrades: We need to upgrade our water treatment plants to provide safe drinking water. What is the best way to do this?
- Addressing Our Deteriorating Roads: Some of our roads are deteriorating faster than in the past. How much should we spend on maintaining them?
Our Other Plans:
Addressing our Key Issues are priorities for us over the next 10 years, but we have plenty of other things planned across all our activities and services. Our Consultation Document details some of these plans:
- Economic Development
- Water and Sewerage Pipe Renewals
- Library Redevelopment
- Waste Minimisation
- Community Support Grants
- Policy Changes and Development
Our Consultation Document also provides summaries of our key strategies:
- Infrastructure Strategy: Details how we plan to meet our infrastructure needs in the most affordable way by replacing what is deteriorating and planning well for the future to maximise the assets we have.
- Financial Strategy: Details how we plan to keep rates affordable in the face of some costly projects. We will increase debt so that we can spread the cost of these projects over a longer period of time. This will help reduce the impact on rates in the coming years and share the cost over current and future ratepayers.
There are a number of documents that support our Consultation Document, providing further information on the issues discussed.
Community Chat Events
We are going to be out and about! Councillors and Council staff are going to be out and about across the District to discuss our plans with you. Come and see us at one of our drop-in Community Chats. It's a great way to find out more about our key issues and other plans, and to discuss any questions you might have.
|Cattle Creek Hall||Monday - 23 April 2018||12pm - 2pm|
|Waimate Event Centre||Monday - 23 April 2018||4pm - 7pm|
|Waihaorunga Hall||Monday - 23 April 2018||6pm - 8pm|
|Makikihi Country Hotel||Monday - 30 April 2018||6pm - 8pm|
|Cafe on Queen||Wednesday - 2 May 2018||9am - 12pm|
|St Andrews Hall||Wednesday - 2 May 2018||7pm - 9pm|
|Waimate Event Centre||Monday - 7 May 2018||7pm - 9pm|
|Maungati Hall||Wednesday - 9 May 2018||7pm - 9pm|
|Glenavy Hall||Thursday - 10 May 2018||7pm - 9pm|
|Morven Hall||Friday - 11 May 2018||7pm - 9pm|
Your Feedback on Our Future
Help us decide Our Future - Today.
Submissions are now closed.
Hearings for those wishing to speak to their submission will be held on Tuesday 29 May in the Waimate District Council Chambers. This is a public meeting.
Please note: all submissions, including names and contact details will be available to Councillors for consideration and to the public through Council's website.
If you have any questions at all about the Consultation Document or the Long Term Plan, please contact us on 03 689 0000 or email email@example.com
Our Previous Long Term Plans