Proposed Stopping of Legal Road - Unformed Section of Point Bush Road
PROPOSED STOPPING OF LEGAL ROAD UNFORMED SECTION OF POINT BUSH ROAD
Public notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Section 319(1)(h) and 342(1)(a) of the Local Government Act 1974 that the Waimate District Council has resolved to commence the road stopping procedure under Schedule 10 to this Act, to stop:
Point Bush Road – remaining unformed section.
Reasons for the road to be stopped
There are five primary reasons for the road to be stopped:
- Erect a wallaby fence along the boundary.
- Increase safety when carrying out shooting of pests on property, this will remove the concern that there may be public using the paper road.
- Carry out on site activities without being concerned that hunters may be using the paper road.
- Desire to reinstate the airstrip at the top of the owner’s property that is currently on the paper road.
- With the steepness of the terrain, it would not be possible to form a road along areas of the designated paper road.
It is anticipated that all of the stopped road will be transferred to or amalgamated into Mr Ken Buckingham’s surrounding property.
The approved Survey Office plan REF111750/01 is available for inspection at the offices of the Waimate District Council, 125 Queen Street, Waimate and is available on the Council’s website at www.waimatedc.govt.nz
Any person or organisation wishing to object to the proposed road stopping must lodge their objection in writing no later than Thursday 3rd September 2020.
Dan Mitchell, Asset Group Manager
Waimate District Council
PO Box 122
(Dated at Waimate 3 July 2020.)