Proposed Stopping of Legal Road - Unformed Section of Point Bush Road
PROPOSED STOPPING OF LEGAL ROAD UNFORMED SECTION OF POINT BUSH ROAD
Revised dates to reflect the omission of, and subsequent receipt of Ministerial approval, for a road to be stopped pursuant to Section 342(1)(a) of the Local Government Act 1974. Objections already received will be lodged as part of this new process and considered by the Waimate District Council.
Public notice is hereby given, pursuant to the provisions of Section 319(1)(h) and 342(1)(a) of the Local Government Act 1974 that the Waimate District Council has resolved to commence the road stopping procedure under Schedule 10 to this Act, to stop:
Point Bush Road – remaining unformed section.
Reasons for the road to be stopped
Council resolved to enter in to a road stopping process for the following reasons:
- In consideration of the steep terrain, the pre-existing alternative access available to existing lots, and the historical stopping of the lower section, the formation of an access road is not required.
- Substantial walking and bike access is already provided through a number of adjacent lots, but specifically RS 30238 CT CB15K/66.
Further to these considerations, the following reasons were also cited:
- To erect a wallaby exclusion fence along the boundary of the adjoining properties.
- To increase safety when carrying out shooting of pests on the property, this will remove the concern that there may be public using the paper road.
- Desire to reinstate the airstrip at the top of the owner’s property that is currently on the paper road.
It is anticipated that all of the stopped road will be transferred to or amalgamated into
LOT 2 DP 501463 CT 749454.
The approved Survey Office plan REF111750/01 is available for inspection at the offices of the Waimate District Council, 125 Queen Street, Waimate and is available on the Council’s website at www.waimatedc.govt.nz
Any person or organisation wishing to object to the proposed road stopping must lodge their objection in writing no later than Monday 5 October 2020
Addressed to: Dan Mitchell - Asset Group Manager
Waimate District Council, PO Box 122, WAIMATE 7960
Dated: 27 August 2020