Solid Waste - Second Schedule
Banned and Prohibited Materials Policy
Clause 1325.2 - Prohibited Waste
The following items shall not be disposed of into an Approved Container destined for a Council Waste Management Facility:
- Unless any such waste is properly and sufficiently contained so as to prevent injury damage or loss, any broken glass, broken china, broken plastic, hacksaw blade, razor blade, skewer, knife or any other object or material capable by reason of its shape or sharpness of causing injury;
- Unless such waste is properly and sufficiently wrapped or contained so as to prevent injury damage or loss, any sharp object or material capable of puncturing the Approved Container or capable by reason of its brittleness of shattering in the course of collection;
- Any explosive, hot ashes, flammable material, infectious material, or any other matter, thing or waste of any kind whatsoever that may endanger any Person, Animal or Vehicle which may come in to contact with the material at any time prior to, during or following collection and disposal.
- Any liquid or viscous fluid
- Any radioactive wastes, but excluding domestic smoke detectors;
- [Advice Note: Domestic smoke detectors may be disposed of as Household Waste]
- Any waste oil, lead-acid batteries, refrigerators and/or freezers that have not been de-gassed;
- Any Hazardous Substance;
- Any Solid Waste that is not Compostable Material that is placed into an Approved Container or contractor container designated for Compostable Material.
- Any non Approved biodegradable container that is placed into an Approved Container or contractor container designated for Compostable Material.
- Any Solid Waste that is not Recyclable Material that is placed into an Approved Container or contactor container designated for Recyclable Material.
- Compressed gas cylinders.
- Or any other items or material as maybe determined from time to time by Council.