Asset Group Administrator
Are you looking for a role with plenty of variety where you can support your district from a key administrative position?
We are looking for an organisational, hit-the-ground-running, multi-tasking superhero to provide support and administrative services to our Asset Group. Our Asset Group includes Water, Solid Waste, Parks and Reserves and Property just to name a few - so this role is going to keep you busy!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Water & Waste and Parks & Reserves Manager
- Assist the Asset Manager in the organisation and administration of the Property Portfolio
- Process service request applications
- Communication with Rural Water Scheme Committees and Solid Waste Contractors
- Water meter billing
- Asset Management Unit job costing and invoicing
- Maintain a core knowledge of Asset Group activities and coordinate overall communication
- Arrange advertising as needed in coordination with the Communications Officer
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an outstanding communicator with the ability to deal with a range of customers, both internal and external.
An excellent ability to organize, prioritise and multitask will be key while also maintaining great attention to detail.
You will have:
- 4-5 years of complex administration experience
- Advanced level of experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to quickly pick up new technology and systems
It would be beneficial to have previous experience working with property portfolios and working in a Local Government environment.
The Waimate District is welcoming, has affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. Waimate is also home to some fantastic events including the Waimate Strawberry Fare and the Waimate 50 Street Car Race.
If you are ready to take on a challenging, varied role and become the go-to support person for some of our key teams, then this is the role for you!
Please note: only candidates with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.