IT Support Technician
Are you a tech-savvy, customer focused person with a knack for problem solving? Waimate District Council has the job for you!
- Competitive salary
- Close knit, family orientated team
- Training and development - we want to help you get where you want to be.
- We are currently looking for an IT Support Technician to join our IT team.
This is a varied role where your knowledge of IT, customer service skills, and standout problem solving abilities will all be as useful as each other.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Providing technical support for system users
- Provide support and training to all Staff and Councillors
- Configure devices for users and monitor backups
- Escalation of issues to 2nd and 3rd level support and resolution tracking
- Provide backup IT support for Civil Defence activities
You will be someone who is always happy to help, with an excellent customer service attitude. Adaptability and responsibility are key factors in this role, as your day to day tasks will be varied. With knowledge and experience in the IT industry, you will be confident with technology and always looking for ways to improve efficiency.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills 1-2 years proven experience in Level 1 and 2 front line IT Support
- Experience with MS toolsets (Office, SharePoint, Windows 10)
- Experience with installing and repairing hardware
- Basic networking experience with switches, Wi-Fi and firewalls
- Experience with IP telephony
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy Administration
Knowledge of Microsoft server environments, certifications in Comp TIA A+ and/or MTA, and experience with Linux and MS SQL would be beneficial.
The Waimate District is welcoming, has affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. Waimate is also home to some fantastic events including the Waimate Strawberry Fare and the Waimate 50 Street Car Race.
To apply for this job go to: http//waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz and enter ref code: 5094689.
Applications close 27 June 2020.