Looking for a chance to put your excellent administrative skills to the test? Help support your local district and join Waimate District Council!
We are looking for an organisational, hit-the-ground-running, multi-tasking superhero to provide support and administrative services across our Council team as a Records Officer.
As Records Officer, you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management of Councils records and information, training and support of Council staff, and identification and implementation of records improvement - this role has plenty to keep you busy!
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining and administering the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Training, advising and supporting Council staff on the effective and correct use of Councils EDMS, records management, policies and procedures
- Understanding and abiding by the requirements of Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act (LGOIMA), Public Records Act, Archives Act, Privacy Act, and any other applicable legislation
- Undertaking research and implementing improvements to work processes
- Identifying records for archiving and historical retention
- Providing advice on relevant legislation, regulations, standards and best practice
To succeed in this role, you will need to be an outstanding communicator with the ability to coach, train, mentor and encourage all team members. An excellent ability to organize, prioritise and multitask will be key while also maintaining great attention to detail.
You will have:
- Previous experience in Records Management or similar
- Previous experience in Electronic Document Management Systems
- Competence in electronic file management and using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to quickly pick up new technology and systems
It would be beneficial to have previous experience working in a Local Government environment, working with SharePoint, and experience training staff and leading change.
The Waimate District is welcoming, has affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. Waimate is also home to some fantastic events including the Waimate Strawberry Fare and the Waimate 50 Street Car Race.
If you are ready to take on a challenging, varied role and become the go-to support person for some of our key teams, then this is the role for you!
Please note: only candidates with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5210990
Applications Close 8 October 2020
Parks and Reserves Manager
Looking for a leadership role in a busy, vibrant Council team? Ready to step up, manage a team, and contribute to making positive change in your region?
We are looking for a Parks and Reserves Manager who is ready to hit the ground running, take ownership of, and oversee the successful day-to-day operation of all Parks and Reserves activities.
The role is responsible for leading, managing, and providing strategic direction to the Parks and Recreation team. This is achieved through effective management, leadership and planning of Council's reserves and facilities, and by working in partnership with the community.
This exciting and varied role involves:
Implementing and maintaining the Capital work forward planning programme
Project managing both capital and project works including contract management of major projects
Leading staff in the planning management of assets they are responsible for
Updating and continuously reviewing the Parks and Reserves Asset management Plan and Reserve Management Plans
Managing the Parks and Reserves team, including establishing performance/goals, providing training, and facilitating professional development
Providing assistance with strategic planning, working with the leadership team and contributing to Long Term Planning processes in relation to Community Outcomes
This is an incredibly important role in our Council team, reporting directly to the Asset Group Manager, with 1 direct report and 5 indirect reports.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- A recognised postgraduate qualification in parks and outdoor recreation, or relevant qualification
- At least 10 years' experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in successful staff leadership, mentoring and management
- Extensive work knowledge and understanding of community facilities and asset management
- Financial acumen and experience managing budgets
- Knowledge of and experience with technical reports
- Competence with developing and implementing new systems and processes
Working knowledge of the relevant statutes and regulations to Council's parks, reserves, and community facilities would be beneficial, as would previous knowledge of a working Council environment
Waimate District is one of New Zealand's best rural communities. We are a tight-knit, family-friendly Council in South Canterbury, who pride ourselves on our inclusive, fun and friendly team culture, and being a great place to work!
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5194769.
Applications close 29 September 2020
Do you want to make a difference in the community? Would you like to play a key role in helping the district's young people not in employment, education or training, and those displaced by the COVID-19 health crisis, find secure employment?
Are you self-driven, organised and work well within a team?
Do you enjoy working in a busy and dynamic environment?
If you answered yes to all of the above, then we would like to hear from you!
An opportunity has arisen for the Waimate District Council to appoint an Employment Coordinator on a full-time fixed term role through to June 2021, with a possibility of an extension through to June 2022. This new role is in partnership with the Mayors Taskforce for Jobs and the Ministry of Social Development, with a primary focus on supporting young people and those displaced by COVID-19 into sustainable employment.
Based at the Council office in Waimate and reporting directly to the Executive Support Manager and working closely with the Mayor and Deputy Mayor, the Employment Coordinator will be responsible for working with local employers to identify current and future employment opportunities across a wide range of industry sectors.
Key responsibilities will include working with clients to develop individual employment plans, arranging pre-employment assistance and training, and organising specific programme based training to directly upskill jobseekers. It is critical that you will be able to establish and maintain relationships with businesses, stakeholders and support providers.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- Experience in human resources, social work or management
- At least five years' experience in a relevant field
- Knowledge of employment for people and employer obligations Experience in working with and developing a good rapport with young people
- The ability to work with different cultures
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent promotional and marketing skills
- A full drivers licence
- A vulnerable children's safety check
This will be an exciting and rewarding role, and will require you to hit the ground running. Having existing relationships or links within the Waimate District would be an advantage.
Why choose Waimate District Council?
The Waimate District is welcoming, has affordable housing, good schools and plenty of outdoor recreational activities. We are a tight-knit, family-friendly Council who pride ourselves on our inclusive, fun and friendly team culture, and being a great place to work!
To apply for this job go to: http://waimatedc.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5216888.
Applications close 07 October 2020