Waimate District Library is a great place to relax, explore and imagine. Your library connects - people to people, people to place, and people with learning.
Provision of Library services is an important means of furthering Council's social and cultural objectives. Our community-owned Library provides books, magazines and other literacy material to all members of our community that is far greater than any one individual or family could amass.
The research capabilities of our Library help our residents to participate extramurally in tertiary studies not otherwise available in our district.
We have a free lending collection and a small number of rental collections. We offer free internet and wifi. For more information go to http://library.waimatedc.govt.nz/
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 1pm
The Library has a great selection of the latest books, DVDs, magazines, newspapers and more.
The collection comprises the latest of:
An inter-loan service is available. There is a computer for the public to access all our holdings.
Our Librarians have extensive experience in Library services.
The Library also provides free internet access for research and free Wifi.
Every year Council maintain service levels set in agreement with our community. They are:
- Maintain, operate and develop an extensive Library facility to meet agreed service levels.
- Ensure that the Library supports demands for recreational material.
- Provide Library services that recognise demands for content that meets multi-language and multi-cultural needs.
- Loan and trade books, and other materials with neighbouring Libraries and Rural communities.
- Provide study and research facilities for school children through to tertiary students and for all of the community.
How to join
Complete the application form, bring it into the Library with a form of valid identification (eg drivers licence, passport) and recent (not older than 30 days) proof of address (eg power or phone bill, bank statement).
Fees and charges
View the current fees and charges.