This fund is open to all organisations who do not qualify for funding under the Creative Communities NZ Scheme. It is currently funded at $10,000 per annum.
Council receive applications on a six monthly basis in October and April each year.
Click here to open the application form.
Criteria and eligibility
- Applications must be for projects undertaken in the Waimate District.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the benefits of their project will enhance the local community.
- Applicants must also demonstrate that some local input has been achieved by way of fundraising or voluntary labour or materials.
- The projects for which grants are sought must be capable of completion within one year of application. Refunds will be requested if project not completed within one year of receiving the grant. Organisations will be asked for proof of their project being completed.
- Your application must include financially reviewed annual accounts that are not more than 18 months old.
- All application forms must be completed in full on the prescribed application form before being submitted to the Committee for consideration and must include at least two quotes for the project items applied for.
- Your bank account deposit slip must be included with the application.
- Applications will not be considered for general administration expenditure including but not limited to salary and wages or be in the nature of annual subscriptions.
- Travel costs to attend performances, exhibitions and training outside the Waimate District are not eligible.
- Applications will not be accepted after the grant’s closing date.
- Applications for projects already started or completed will not be accepted.
- Please be aware that future applications will not be considered by the committee unless you have completed an Accountability Form for previous funding within two months of project completion.
- Any queries regarding this application please contact the Grants Administrator, Waimate Information Centre, on +64 3 689 7771 or email@example.com
Note: Inland Revenue Department consider this as a Council grant to respective organisations. There is no GST component or requirement.
Please complete the Grant Accountability form within two months of project completion, or within a year of funds being allocated, or before your next application for funding.
If the project is not completed within one year of receiving the grant, Waimate District Council may request unspent funds to be returned.
Please use the form for all expenditure relating to your grant.
Click the button below to complete the form.