This fund is open to all organisations who do not qualify for funding under the Creative Communities NZ Scheme. It is currently funded at $10,000 per annum.
Council receive applications on a six monthly basis, typically in October and April each year. For the exact closing dates, please contact the Grants Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone +64 3 689 7771.
Click here to open the application form.
Criteria and eligibility
- Applications must be for projects and will not be considered for general administration purposes, or be in the nature of annual subscriptions.
- Applicants must demonstrate benefits of their project to the local community.
- It is recommended that applicants also demonstrate that some local input has been achieved by way of fundraising or voluntary labour or materials.
- The projects for which grants are sought must be capable of completion within one year of application. Refunds will be requested if project not completed within one year. Organisations will be asked for proof of their completion.
- All application forms must be completed in full before being submitted for consideration.
- All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a. A set of audited financial statements not more than 12 months old.
- b. A quote for the project items applied for.
- Grants must only be used for the project applied for. If any project is cancelled then the grant must be returned to Council.
- All applicants will be required to submit an Accountability Form immediately after the grant has been expended.
- If only partial expenditure of the grant is required, then the balance must be returned to Council.
- Please be aware that your application will not be considered by Committee unless you have completed an Accountability Form for previous funding.
Summary of Eligible Projects
- Coach or volunteer training.
- New initiatives, activities or promotions put in place to attract new members or offer new opportunities.
- Purchase of equipment (excluding uniforms).
- For Regional Sports Trusts to deliver programmes, training courses and community sporting events.
- To assist with outside expertise, e.g. judges to attend at local sporting events and activities.
- For individual’s expenses involved in attending sport at Regional or National levels. This application must be lodged by the individual’s sporting club or organisation.
Please complete the Grant Accountability form within two months of project completion, or within a year of funds being allocated, or before your next application for funding.
If the project is not completed within one year of receiving the grant, Waimate District Council may request unspent funds to be returned.
Please use the form for all expenditure relating to your grant.
Click the button below to complete the form.